Dayton Society of Natural History Donations Request Form
1. Requesting party must be a 501(c)(3) non profit organization. Said party must provide their Federal Tax ID Number to be considered.
2. We are unable to grant monetary donations. All donations will be in the form of a complimentary Membership.
3. We are unable to grant requests for religious organizations/purposes, professional development, seminars/conferences, pageants, political purposes, sports, band boosters, school/family/alumni reunions, PTOs, government institutions, private or public schools, employee recognition, individuals/families, private fundraiser not affiliated with a 501(c)3 non-profit, or any non-charitable event/organization etc.
4. All requests must be submitted online. Requests that are emailed, faxed, phoned or mailed will not be considered.
5. Requests must be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the event taking place.
6. Only one request per calendar year per organization will be considered.
7. Once approved, an email will be sent to arrange pick up from one of our locations. No donations will be mailed.
8. Priority will be given to local organizations in Montgomery, Miami, Clark, Greene, Darke, Preble, Butler and Warren counties. We may also consider organizations in outside counties who serve communities and constituents in said counties. Please note this when filling out your request.
9. Priority will be given to those organizations who have previously booked rentals, group visits, field trips, and traveling programs with the Museum, or wish to do so in the future.
10. Request must indicate how the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery Dayton, Boonshoft Museum of Discovery Springfield, SunWatch Indian Village/Archaeological Park and/or Fort Ancient Earthworks and Nature Preserve will be acknowledged.
11. Priority will be given to organizations/events that match our mission by fitting into one of the following categories:
Environmental conservation and protection
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education
Archaeological, anthropological, geological, paleontological or biological preservation or research
Which counties does your organization serve?:
Have you ever booked a private rental, group visit, or family day at one of our four locations?
Requestee Information (internal use only)
Please fill out the following information regarding your organization:
Please submit a brief letter with your request on your organizations letterhead
I certify that all information provided is correct and that the organization for which I am making this request meets all criteria required (listed at the top of this page) to receive a donation from the Dayton Society of Natural History. I understand that providing false information, including not meeting all criteria established at the top of this page, will result in disqualification from receiving a donation and may not elicit a response.